INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION OF NOMINATION FORM FOR A NATIONAL AWARD
All Nomination Forms must be filled out at National Awards Nomination Form.
Complete the Form online by typing in the information.
The closing date for the receipt of nominations for National Awards is MAY 31, 2021
Persons who are making the nominations are asked to ensure that all particulars requested in respect of the nominee are supplied, in particular:
- Check that the name, address, phone number, and email given are correct;
- A detailed resume in respect of the nominee must be attached.
CATEGORIES OF NATIONAL AWARDS
There are five categories of National Awards as follows:
- Order of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago which may be awarded to any person who has rendered distinguished and outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago: O.R.T.T;
- Chaconia Medal which may be awarded to any person who has performed long and meritorious service to Trinidad and Tobago tending to promote the national welfare or strengthen the community spirit: C.M.T.T;
- Humming Bird Medal which may be awarded to any person who has rendered loyal and devoted service beneficial to Trinidad and Tobago in any field of human endeavour or for gallantry or other humane action: H.B.M;
- Medal of Merit which may be awarded for outstanding and meritorious service in the Public Service, the Defence Force and Protective Services or service with Statutory Bodies performing national functions: M.O.M. (The Medal of Merit is awarded to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago only);
- Medal for the Development of Women which may be awarded to any person for outstanding contribution to the development of women’s rights and issues: M.D.W.
HOW AWARDS ARE MADE
- Nominations are made for National Awards by members of the public and/or organizations to the National Awards Committee established by Cabinet.
- The National Awards Committee considers these nominations and forwards its recommendations to the Prime Minister.
- The Prime Minister in turn considers the recommendations of the National Awards Committee and may or may not accept and may add to them. The Prime Minister advises the President accordingly.
- The President makes the Award on the advice of the Prime Minister, subject to the consent of the recommended nominee.
Click on the following link to complete the nomination form: National Awards Nomination Form.